Villages provide a variety of services to members that support their desire to spent time with friends, make a meaningful contribution to their community and live in the home of their choice as they age.
Programs and Events
A wide range of social, educational, and recreational programs are available to all village members. Some of these offerings are also open to the public. Examples include:
- Health and aging issues facing older adults
- Social activities such as coffees, happy hours, nights out, potlucks, book groups, song circles
- Recreational activities like walks, bird-watching, biking
Practical Services by Volunteers
- Transportation to medical appointments, shopping, errands, recreational activities, volunteer work
- In-home assistance like organization, occasional light housekeeping, minor maintenance or repair, changing light bulbs, light seasonal yard work like raking leaves
- Technology help with your smartphone, tablet, computer or electronics
- Friendly visitors talking, reading, playing games, baking cookies
Vendors and Contractors
Villages maintain a list of vendors and contractors recommended by members and volunteers – age-friendly remodeling, chimney cleaning and repair, electricians, plumbers, painters, landscaping and yard maintenance – and can provide a volunteer to be with you when the vendor is on-site.